Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's almost 2:30 AM Christmas Day. My family is fast asleep. I have completed my Santa duties, retrieving presents hidden around he house to place under the already fully laden tree. My kids are old enough to know the truth about Santa, but I still like to keep the myth going, so to speak.

With Christmas, the days of 2009 begin to wane, and a new year approaches. I, or one, will be glad to see the end of 2009: I lost my favourite restaurant/drinking hole; I lost my job of 15 years; I started writing that book I kept promising myself, only to have the time to complete the first dozen pages.....I know the story I want to tell, it's just filling in the details. But time and a commitment to discipline seems to be holding me back. Inspiration from the world around me - friends, family, strangers on the street - register in my head and get filed away for future reference.

So I am looking forward to 2010...... A new year, a new beginning, a new life of loves, laughs, lows, and highs and memories.

So what are you doing New Years Eve?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home